The Sports society of Faculty of Medicine Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka was established in 2019.
- To provide students, faculty and staff the opportunity for instruction and participation in a wide variety of sports of which one may develop sound, lifelong leisure values.
- To develop leadership skills by providing opportunities for students to organize, administer and manage through individual clubs
- To provide an avenue for camaraderie and to develop a sense of belonging among individuals in shared pursuit of sports.
- To provide an outlet for advanced participation and competition in particular sports.
- Senior Treasurer: Dr. N.D.Amal Wageesha
- President: W.A.N.Udara
- Vice president: H.B.D.N.Herath
- Secretary: P.A. Kanchanamala
- Assistant secretary: R.B.S.S. Wickramasinghe
- Junior treasurer: Deshapriya
- Executive committee: W.A.N.Udara, H.B.D.N. Herath, P.A. Kanchanamala, Deshapriya
The Photography society of Faculty of Medicine Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka was established in 2019.
Primary objective of the society is to provide a platform to the students to understand, explore, exhibit and develop their creative skills as a method of obtaining mental relaxation amidst the educational hardships of this MBBS program. Others are
- To cover all the extra-curricular activities and functions of the faculty.
- To promote photography and the work of the Society in ways deemed appropriate by the members and Committee of the Society.
- To promote a wider understanding of the art and craft of photography in all its aspects by exchanging friendly ideas and mutual assistance among members.
- To maintain and update the official Facebook page of the faculty.
- Senior Treasurer: Dr. Janya Jayawardana
- President: B.A. Devinda Balasuriya
- Vice President: Shathir Ahamad
- Secretary: H. Dewmi Ama
- Junior treasurer: S.T.A.D. Charith Kalansooriya
- Representatives: Ashen Rasanjana, O.P Withanage
- Provide a platform to the students to understand, explore, exhibit and develop their creative skills as a method of obtaining mental relaxation amidst the educational hardships of this MBBS program.
- Coordinate all the extra-curricular aesthetic activities of the faculty.
- Senior Treasurer: Dr Yasas Kolombage
- President: Osura Vithanage
- Vice-President: Devinda Balasooriya
- Secretary: Gayangee Dissanayake
- Assistant Secretary: Isuru Tissadeniya
- Junior Treasurer: Dimantha de Silva
- Representative: Prathiba Chandrasiri, Suraj Dissanayake
The Nature society of Faculty of Medicine Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka was established in 2019.
- Our aim is to enhance the awareness in the natural environment among the students of our university.
- To motivate our students to explore knowledge on global environmental challenges and the ways to overcome them.
- To create awareness on recognizing various species of endemic flora and fauna.
- To arouse the knowledge of students about the benefits of tree planting process.
- To promote our students to inculcate the love for nature to the community.
- To promote our students protect the natural environment and all its resources.
- To foster our students' spirit to organize various ecofriendly programs and workshops with a global perspective.
- Senior Treasurer: Mrs. TCS Weerakoon
- President: KNT Kalhara
- Secretary: TTR Peiris
- Treasurer: TGIS Tissadeniya
- Members: CM Rathnayake, SMS Premajayantha
The Religious society of Faculty of Medicine SUSL was established in 2019.
Primary objective of the society is to provide spiritual wellbeing for the students. In addition, the society will coordinate all the extra-curricular Religious activities of the faculty.
- Senior Treasurer: Dr. Nilantha Gamlath
- President: Bihan Dissanayake
- Secretary: Damsi Jayakody
- Junior Treasurer: Isira udara
- Committee Members (Senior batch): Gayathri Aloka, Mohomed Athif, Thilini Madushan
- Student representatives of 01 Batch
- Buddhist - Medavi Gunasekara , Dulka Maduwanthi
- Christian - Malka Shalindi , H.D. Ama
- Hindu - S. Nithakaran , S. Thanujan
- Islamic - Shathir Ahmed , Mohammed Athif
- Student representatives of 02 Batch
- Buddhist - Yasanthi Alahakoon , Dinithi Sandunika
- Christian - Sudeshi Fernando , Sandali Maneesha
- Islamic - lFathima Akeela , Shahmi Ahamad
As English medium is used for medical education in Sri Lanka and worldwide, it is beneficial for medical students who are budding doctors to practice how to communicate confidently and clearly in English with their colleagues, lecturers and visiting consultants. This society thrives to help students overcome their fears of English language and public speaking in a friendly, judgement-free setting.
- To promote the usage of English language in the faculty among the students.
- To reduce the fear of public speaking.
- To build up self confidence in order to create outstanding personalities.
- To promote a friendly social environment where good ethics are practiced.
- To promote the debating skills of the students with the goal of representing the faculty in the future.
- Senior Treasurer - Dr. Kaveesha J. Wijesinghe
- President - O. R. Wickramanayake
- Vice President - H.P.S. Gunathilaka
- Secretary - M. D. S. C. Modaragama
- Vice Secretary - B. T. D. W. Dissanayake
- Junior Treasurer - S. A. R. N. Satharasinghe
- Representatives from 1st batch -
- D. M. G. C. DissanayakeL.
- D. J. Jayasekara
- K. T. M. Lawrencehewa