Centre for Gender Equity and Equality
University GEE Cell
There is a GEE Cell in the SUSL to eliminate all SGBV in the University.
Composition of GEE Cell
- Vice-Chancellor (Chairperson)
- Director – CGEE (Co-Chairperson)
- Deans of Faculties
- Director/Staff Development Centre
- Two academic representatives from each Faculty (one male and one female)
- Two academic support representatives from each Faculty (one male and one female)
- Two student representatives from each Faculty (one male and one female)
Functions of GEE Cell
- Providing training on gender equity and equality
- Conducting research, review policies and contribute policy inputs in the university level
- Doing the curricular reforms to inculcate the concepts and practices of GEE
- Preventing and responding to Sexual and Gender Based Violence.
- Identifying ways and means of preventing SGBV in the university and empowering staff and students to prevent and respond to SGBV by developing relevant skills.
- Enhancing capacity to facilitate and monitor the implementation of the GEE Policy at the institutional level.
- Inquiring sexual and gender based violence and proposing to university councils for disciplinary actions to offenders and facilities to victims.