Sponsorsand Organization 发起人和组织:
Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka 斯里兰卡萨伯勒格穆沃大学
Chinese International EducationFoundation 中文国际教育基金会
Center forLanguage Education and Cooperation 语言教育和合作中心
Huanggang Normal University of China 中国黄冈师范学院
The Board of Advisors shoulders the responsibility for the operation of the Confucius Classroom at Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, and Vice-chancellor of SUSL and vice president of HGNU are the Chairmen of the board in terms of Implementation Agreement SUSL and HGNU for the Development of the Confucius Classroom at SUSL. Members should be nominated by Chairmen of the board from both parties. Local director and Chinese director will be the ex officio members.
The office of Confucius Classroom shoulders responsibility for implementing board decisions, reporting the progress of the projects, providing the development plan to the board and making the budget and final accounts of the projects annually for board decisions.The office is composed of Local director, Chinese director, an assistant, Chinese lecturers and the local Chinese teachers.
Local director 外方院长: Dr. W Manoj Ariyaratne 马洛奇·阿里亚拉特 博士
Senior Lecturer 高级讲师
Chinese director中方院长: Dr. Zheng Youjie 郑友阶博士
Chinese lecturer中文教师: Miss Cheng Cailan程彩兰女士
Associate professor 副教授
Chinese lecturer中文教师: Miss Yang Li 杨丽女士
Associate professor 副教授
Vision and Mission 目的和工作
To strengthen educational cooperation between China and Sri Lanka, support and promote the development of Chinese language education, and increase mutual understanding and friendship between the people of both countries.
We will serve the following Chinese teaching courses and programs according to the local instance:
1. Teach Chinese and Sponsor cultural activities;
2. Train local Chinese language teachers;
3. Organize summer and winter camps in China for local teachers and students;
4. Compile teaching materials;
5. Take other Chinese language and culture activities.
1. After early negotiations, on June 6，2018, the delegation led by M.Sunil Shantha, Vice Chancellor of SUSL, W Manoj Ariyaratne, Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Languages, and Dr. Noel Dassanayake visited Huanggang Normal University of China. Vice President of Huanggang Normal University, Peng Jin, receipted the visiting delegation. During the visit, the two sides reached an implementation agreement to cooperate in the construction of the Confucius Classroom at SUSL.
经过前期协商，2018年6月6日，斯里兰卡萨伯勒格穆沃大学执行校长M.SUNIL SHANTHA、 社会科学与语言学院院长 W Manoj Ariyaratne以及Noel Dassanayake博士一行访问黄冈师范学院，黄冈师范学院副校长彭锦接待访问团一行。访问期间，双方达成了合作建设萨伯勒格穆沃大学孔子课堂的执行协议。
2. On June 7, 2018, Wang Libing, Chairman of the Council of Huanggang Normal University, Peng Jin, Vice President of HGNU, and M. Sunil Shantha, Vice Chancellor of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, visited the Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban to discuss the establishment of the Confucius Classroom at SUSL.
2018年6月7日，黄冈师范学院校务委员会主席王立兵、副校长彭锦与斯里兰卡萨伯勒格穆沃大学执行校长M. SUNIL SHANTHA 教授一行赴孔子学院总部/国家汉办会商两校共建孔子课堂事宜。
3. On December 4,2018, Ma Jianfei, deputy director of the Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban, met with M. Sunil Shantha, Vice Chancellor of SUSL and held a signing ceremony on behalf of the Confucius Institute headquarters for the establishment of the Confucius Classroom at SUSL..
2018年12月4日，孔子学院总部/国家汉办副主任马箭飞会见了斯里兰卡萨伯勒格穆沃大学执行校长M. Sunil Shantha一行，并代表孔子学院总部举行了合作建设孔子课堂的签约仪式。
4. In late October 2019, the first Chinese Team of Confucius Classroom arrived at SUSL and the Confucius Classroom was put into practical operation.
5. The opening ceremony of the Confucius Classroom was held on Nov 28, 2019. Mrs. Zou Yuecui, wife of Ambassador Cheng Xuyuan of the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka, Prof. Peng Jin, Vice President of Huanggang Normal University and Prof. Sunil Shantha, Vice Chancellor of SUSL, jointly unveiled the Confucius Classroom.
6. On December 7-8, 2019, Professor Sunil Shantha, chairman of the Confucius Classroom Board, led the Chinese and local directors to attend the first China-Sri Lanka Cultural Exchange and Cooperation Forum and the launch of the China-Sri Lanka Research Centre for Cultural Exchange and Economic Development of Huanggang Normal University.
7. On December 9-11, 2019, Confucius Classrooms were invited to participate in the 2019 International Conference on Chinese Language Education, co-hosted by the Ministry of Education of China and the Hunan Provincial Government
8. On January 23, 2020, the Confucius Classroom held its first Spring Festival, Gala.
9. On February 13, 2020, the first Chinese training class for lecturers and staff, initiated by Confucius Classroom, was opened.
10. During the fight against COVID-19 in 2020, Confucius Classroom served as messengers of "people-to-people bond".
11. On April 26, liu Dong, cultural counselor of the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka, Wang Keqi, head of the Visa Office and Liu Xiaoming, head of the Visa Office, presented masks, gloves, disinfectant and other epidemic prevention items to the Chinese team at the Confucius Classroom demonstrating the care of the motherland.
12. On May 30, 2020, the First HSK&HSKK home-based online test was successfully held in the Confucius Classroom as a HSK test center
13. On June 3, the Confucius Classroom on behalf of the Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka and Huanggang Normal University donated a total of 21,000 masks to SUSL for epidemic prevention.
14. On June 16, 2020, the preliminary competition of the 19th Chinese Bridge College Students' Chinese Language Competition in SUSL was held, and 8 contestants entered the final in Sri Lanka area.
15. On August 15, 2020, Cheng Cailan, who is in charge of teaching affairs in Confucius Classroom, was invited to participate in the syllabus seminar organized by the faculty.
16. On September 10, 2020, the Confucius Classroom held the award ceremony for the outstanding contestants in the 19th Chinese Bridge Chinese Competition for College Students in Sri Lanka area.
17. On September 15, 2020, in the post-coVID-19 era, Chinese training classes for faculty and staff were resumed.
We are a professional Chinese teaching team approved by the Confucius Institute Headquarters. We are committed to the development of the Chinese major in SUSL, meeting the language skills development needs of Chinese major students, and promoting local Chinese teaching. We also provide professional Chinese language teaching services to local governments, enterprises, and individuals with Chinese language teaching needs. We established the Chinese Proficiency Test Center authorized by Chinese Test International. By organizing HSK&HSKK, YCT, BCT, we can promoting Chinese teaching, we provide a one-stop service system from teaching to evaluation for local community. Weare members of Chinese Plus，whichwillprovide comprehensive and multi-level online and offline Chinese teaching resources to meet the needs of Chinese teaching at all levels. With the support of Chinese International Education Foundation, we plan to get books worth 100,000 RMB in five years. The first batch of books worth 20,000 RMB has been put into use. We are authorized as the sponsor of Chinese government scholarship and Confucius Institute Scholarship at all levels, providing students with the opportunity to study in China. At present, our teaching activities include: teaching Chinese major courses and training classes for SUSL staff.
中文国际教育基金会 Chinese International Education Foundation http://www.cief.org.cn
中国教育部语合中心 Center for Language Education and Cooperation http://www.chinese.cn
网络孔子学院（中文联盟）Confucius Institute Online http://www.chinesecio.com
汉语考试服务网 Chinese Testing International http://www.chinesetest.cn
黄冈师范学院 Huanggang Normal University http://www.hgnu.net
中华人民共和国驻斯里兰卡使馆 Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka http://lk.chineseembassy.org
斯里兰卡萨伯勒格穆沃大学 Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka http://www.sab.ac.lk