Department of Biosystems Technology - Aims and Objectives
Specific educational objectives of the Department of Biosystems Technology are as follows.
- Develop the competence of students in methods of analysis involving use of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, biotechnology, microbiology, alternative energy generation systems and computing needed for the professional practice in the field of Biosystems Technology.
- Develop skills of students that are required to contribute to the design processes in Biosystems technology, including the ability to innovate, develop new systems and products while collaborating with the industry.
- Inculcate the abilities of addressing issues of ethical considerations and safety in operations, environmental impact, and social and economic impact in professional practice.
- Inculcate the ability to be a successful leader of multi-disciplinary teams that efficiently manage multiple activities in projects running concurrently that are applicable to Bio systems Technology.
- Develop entrepreneurial abilities in order to promote venture creations in applied areas in Biosystems Technology.