Master of Information Technology
The Master of Information Technology (MIT) is a one-year taught programme. The programme consists of two semesters of taught modules followed by a Capstone Project and will particularly tempt those students who want to gain a postgraduate qualification to accelerate their career within 12 months. Information Technology (IT) is the newest computing discipline covered by the Computing Curricula volumes. And, like all the computing disciplines, it is evolving rapidly. IT emphasizes knowledge combined with practical, hands-on expertise. This emphasis is well matched to the challenge of successfully applying information technology in organizational and societal contexts.
MIT programme provides the necessary knowledge and skills to explain and apply appropriate IT methodologies with integrated Business functions and analyze, design and develop IT systems and use data and visualizations to support management. The main objective of the programme is to expose students to IT applications in management and to provide an in-depth analytical study of an area already introduced at the undergraduate level.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On successfully completing the programme, a graduate should be able to:
- Explain and apply appropriate information technologies and employ appropriate methodologies to help an individual or organization achieve its goals and objectives.
- Function as a user advocate.
- Manage the information technology resources of an individual or organization.
- Anticipate the changing direction of information technology and evaluate and communicate the likely utility of new technologies to an individual or organization.
- Contribute to the scientific, mathematical, and theoretical foundations on which information technologies are built and
- Live and work as a contributing, well-rounded member of society.
The candidate should have at least one qualification in the following categories.
- A Degree from a recognized University or
- Any other academic or professional qualification judged equivalent to a Degree by the Senate of the Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka and the recommendation of the UGC.
e.g. Professional Membership of BCS is accepted as an entry qualification for a Master's degree in IT.
|MIT 211||Information Technology Fundamentals||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 212||Programming Techniques||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 213||Mathematics and Statistics for IT||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 214||Object-Oriented Technology||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 315||Database Management Systems||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 216||Human Computer Interaction||02||Elective|
|MIT 117||System Administration and Maintenance||01||Compulsory|
|MIT 218||Management Information Systems||02||Elective|
|MIT 219||Integrative Programming and Technologies||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 221||Data Mining and Applications||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 222||Information Assurance and Security||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 223||System Integration and Architecture||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 324||Web Systems and Technologies||03||Compulsory|
|MIT 225||Data Communication and Computer Networks||02||Compulsory|
|MIT 226||Social and Professional Issues||02||Elective|
|MIT 227||Business Process Management||02||Elective|
|MIT 228||Enterprise Resource Planning||02||Elective|
|MIT 259||Supervised Independent Study (Capstone Project)||05||Compulsory|
|Total Credits Required||33|
|Course Fee/ Tuition Fee||160,000.00|
|Application Processing Fee (Non-Refundable)||2,500.00|
*Tuition fee can be paid in two (02) instalments LKR 80,000.00 each. And the balance fee should be settled at the beginning of the second semester. Sponsored students must submit a sponsorship letter upon registration. The letter must clearly state the type of fees covered (such as registration, tuition, library etc.).
Other Fees Applicable
|Repeat Examination per Course||2,500.00|
|Extension of the Period/ per semester||10,000.00|
Medium of Instruction:
FGS-SUSL Ratnapura/Belihuloya Centre
Dr. UAP Ishanka