1. Duration for the Course
Duration for the Course of Study for the relevant degree from the date of first registration is as shown below.
- Minimum Period of 02 years
- Maximum Period of 04 years
- Minimum Period of 03 years
- Maximum Period of 06 years
A change of the above minimum time period and the maximum time period can be considered on the recommendation of the board of study only under special circumstances.
2. Academic Qualifications and Requirements
- MPhil in Indigenous Knowledge and Community Studies
- A Special Degree with first or second class upper division or A Postgraduate Diploma / A Masters Degree with a General or Special Degree
2. PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in Indigenous Knowledge and Community Studies
- A Special Degree with a first-class or Any Masters Degree /MPhil (2 years by research)
The post-graduate programmes of the centre are designed to promote advanced training and research in indigenous studies. The main objective of the programme is to continuously produce professional researchers that are well equipped with theoretical and applied aspects of indigenous studies to contribute to the world of indigenous knowledge. In particular, the aims of the post-graduate programme of indigenous studies are to achieve the following:
- Introducing all major areas of indigenous studies to students
- Making the student aware of the current issues of indigenous communities of the world with special reference to Sri Lanka.
- Equipping the student with advanced and comprehensive knowledge in the relevant subjects with a view to applying them in the analysis of indigenous problems.
- Improving the research potential of the student to undertake and carry out any research project in indigenous studies.
- Enhancing the student's analytical mind to analyze the problems of indigenous communities and indigenous subjects.
- Improving the scholarly writing skill of the student to submit impressive reports and research in the fields of indigenous studies.
- Training students who are able to apply their knowledge for the advancement of mankind and society, especially indigenous communities.