Geology is a science concerned with the solid Earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the processes by which they change over time. It truly is an interesting subject since all the other disciplines are somehow connected with geology and earth science at the end of the day. At the Museum of Geology, Sabaragamuwa University you'll find many compelling exhibits focusing on
- Minerology & Crystallography
- Industrial minerals
- Earth processes
What will impress you?
- Faceted/cabochon, natural/synthetic, and rare gem samples belong to a different scale.
- Rare fossils samples of some animals and trees
- Igneous, Metamorphic, and Sedimentary rocks
- Mineral sands used in tech industries.
Tours and Events
- Guided tours are available for groups. Please call ahead to schedule at 045-3454528
- Workshops and seminars also could be arranged on pre-requests
- We will identify rocks, minerals, and gems in your possession
Admission is FREE! For School students. Donations are always appreciated.