Research and Knowledge Dissemination
The final year undergraduates of the Department carry out research projects under the supervision of the academic staff and also in collaboration with expert researchers from external organizations. Their research covers basically Commercial Horticulture and Plantation Management disciplines.
This undergraduate research program help to promote agricultural research and provide opportunity for undergraduates to present their findings to an audience consisting of scholars, researchers and industry stakeholders.
It helps to develop undergraduates’ research and analytical skills, and other life skills such as communication, organizational skills and teamwork
Some of the research areas are:
- Postharvest physiology
- Global Warming and Climate Change
- Crop-climate modelling for current and future climate scenarios
- Ecological Agriculture
- Ecological Plant diseases management
- Hydrology and Water resources Management
- Crop simulation modeling
- Pesticide toxicology
- Plant physiology
- Field crop management
- Plant Parasitic Nematodes and their management