Department of Engineering Technology - Program Learning Outcomes
The graduates from department of technology should be engineers or technician with scientific knowledge as well as scientist with sound knowledge of technology and engineering concepts. This allow graduates to apply their knowledge to solve well define industrial problems and satisfy research and development requirement in Sri Lanka. Thus the following learning outcomes of the course are defined in order to achieve above mentioned objectives.
On successful completion of this program student should be able to,
1. Apply knowledge of basic Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering fundamentals and Mechanical Technology procedures, processes and systems.
2. Select, apply and adapt modern Engineering and IT techniques, resources and tools to broadly-defined Mechanical and Electrical Technology activities with an understanding of the associated limitations.
3. Undertake problem identification, formulation and solution of Mechanical and Electrical Technology problems using methods that involve appropriate experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to reach valid conclusions.
4. Utilize a system approach to design and operational performance.
5. Effectively function as an individual and in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, with the capacity to be a leader or manager as well as effective team member.
6. Acquire the understanding of the social, cultural, global and environmental responsibilities of the professional Engineer and the need for sustainable development.
7. Acquire the understanding of the principles of sustainable design and development.
8. Acquire the understanding of the understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities and commitment to them.
9. Communicate effectively on Engineering Technology activities with the Engineering community and with society at large.