Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D in Biochemistry (2017), Suranaree University of Technology, Thailand
B.Sc. (Special) in Chemical Technology, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (2011).
- Soysa, H. S. M., Rattanopas, S., Teanphonkrang, S., Quek, T., Phomphrai, K., Schulte, A., (2021) Biopolymer Cooperation for Sustainable High-Performance Oxidase-Based Biosensing with the Simplest Possible Readout of Substrate Conversion. Adv. Mater.Technol. 2021, 2100096. https://doi.org/10.1002/admt.202100096
- Amornloetwattana, R., Robinson, R. C., Soysa, H. S. M., van den Berg, B., & Suginta, W. (2020). Chitoporin from Serratia marcescens: recombinant expression, purification and crystallization. Acta Crystallographica Section F, 76(11), 536-543. doi:10.1107/S2053230X20013874
- Soysa, H. S. M., Schulte, A., & Suginta, W. (2020). Single-channel properties, sugar specificity, and role of chitoporin in adaptive survival of Vibrio cholerae type strain O1. J. Biol. Chem., 295(28), 9421-9432. doi:10.1074/jbc.RA120.012921
- Soysa, H. S. M., Suginta, W., Moonsap, W., & Smith, M. F. (2018). Chitosugar translocation by an unexpressed monomeric protein channel. Phys Rev E, 97(5-1), 052417. doi:10.1103/PhysRevE.97.052417
- Soysa, H. S. M., Schulte, A., & Suginta, W. (2017). Functional analysis of an unusual porin-like channel that imports chitin for alternative carbon metabolism in Escherichia coli. J. Biol. Chem., 292(47), 19328-19337. doi:10.1074/jbc.M117.812321
- Soysa, H. S. M., & Wickramaratne, N. (2017). Hemoglobin Denaturation in the Presence of Chloroquine Phosphate. J. Pharm. Chem. Biol. Sci., 4(4), 522-533
- Soysa, H. S. M., & Suginta, W. (2016). Identification and Functional Characterization of a Novel OprD-like Chitin Uptake Channel in Non-chitinolytic Bacteria. J. Biol. Chem., 291(26), 13622-13633. doi:10.1074/jbc.M116.728881
Abstract of international/national conferences:
- “Electrochemical evaluation of delayed-release behaviour of diclofenac sodium tablets” Sewwandi A.A.M. and H.S.M. Soysa SLIIT International Conference on Advancements in Sciences and Humanities (SICASH) 26 March 2021.
- “A Survey on Pesticide use and Safety Practices among Farmers in Uva Province of Sri Lanka” Randika, J.L.P.C; Piyathilake, I.D.U.H; Sumudumali, R.G.I; Bandara, P.K.G.S.S; Soysa, H.S.M; Gunatilake, S.K, 10th Annual Research Session of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, 16 December 2020.
- “A Review of the Importance of Soil Microorganisms for Bioremediation of Pesticides” J.L.P.C. Randika, P.K.G.S.S. Bandara, H.S.M. Soysa, H.A.D. Ruwandeepika and S.K. Gunatilake, International Conference on Environmental Monitoring and Management (EMM), University of Peradeniya, 23rd October 2020.
-“Isolation of Fenobucarb Resistant Bacteria from Agricultural Soils in Belihuloya, Sri Lanka” Randika J.L.P.C., Bandara P.K.G.S.S., Soysa H.S.M., Ruwandeepika H.A.D., Gunatilake S.K. , IRCUWU 2020, Uwa Wellassa University of Sri Lanka, 29-30 July 2020.
- “Determination of the delayed release behavior of diclofenac sodium tablets in Sri Lanka using cyclic voltammetry” Sewwandi A.A.M. and H.S.M. Soysa The 7 International Conference of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (ICSUSL) 14-15 November 2019.
- “Cyclic voltammetric determination of acetylsalicylic acid in pharmaceutical formulations using a nickel oxide hydroxide modified platinum electrode” Wijerathne H.M.C.S and H.S.M. Soysa, The 7 International Conference of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (ICSUSL), 14-15 November 2019.
- “Development and validation of an effective and efficient UV spectroscopic in-house method to determine DHA/EPA level as a mixture in soft gelatine capsule (medicament) ” AAM Sewwandi, H.S.M. Soysa, HT Bhoir, 12th international research conference, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, Sri Lanka, (KDUIRC), 11-12 September 2019.
- “Diffusion of chitin oligosaccharides across the OccD-like chitoporin in Escherichia coli.” Soysa, H.S.M., and Suginta, W.: 7th Annual Research Session of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, 13 December 2017.
- “Chitoporin plays essential roles in chitooligosaccharide uptake and growth of the pathogenic Vibrio cholerae.” Soysa, H.S.M., and Suginta, W.: 5th Asia Pacific Protein Association (APPA) Conference and the 12th International Symposium for the Protein Society of Thailand (PST), Thailand, 11-14 July, 2017.
- “Observing chitooligosaccharide traveling through a biological nanopore of E.coli.” Soysa, H.S.M., and Suginta, W.: The 5th Thailand International Nanotechnology Conference, Thailand, 27-29 November, 2016.
- “A novel monomeric chitoporin facilitates chiti uptake in Escherichia coli.” Soysa, H.S.M., and Suginta, W.: 10th International Symposium for the Protein Society of Thailand (PST), Thailand, 15-17 July, 2015.
- “Interaction of chloroquine diphosphate with hemoglobin under different pH conditions” S.M. Soysa, and M.N. Wickramarathne, 3rd International Symposium, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, 26-28 August 2010.
- Outer membrane protein channels from Gram-negative bacteria. Institutional Affiliation: Jacobs University, Bremen, Germany
-Study of the film properties of enteric coated formulations using various polymer base. Institutional Affiliation: State Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Corporation of Sri Lanka, 11, Sir John Kotelawala Mawatha, Kandawala Estate, Ratmalana, Sri Lanka.
-Interaction of Choloquine Phosphate with Hemoglobin under different pH conditions. (The influences of Choloquine Phosphate drug on the properties of hemoglobin have been studied by the methods of UV-Visble spectrum). Institutional Affiliation: Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, Belihuloya, Sri Lanka.
-Travel award at the 5th Asia Pacific Protein Association (APPA) Conference and the 12th International Symposium for the Protein Society of Thailand (PST), 2017, Bangsaen, Thailand.
- Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst e.V. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD scholarship), Germany (2015-2016).
- OROG scholarship (2013-2017), Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand.
-Prof. W.S. Fernando award- Gold medal for Chemical Technology (2011). ( for being the top of the batch obtaining the highest GPA). Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka.