Mrs. A A L Madhushani
Education and High Education
- Master of Olympic Studies, German Sport University, 2015 -2017
- B.A. (Special) Sport and Recreation Management Degree with 1st Class honours, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, 2011.
- International Sport Management Course , NIFISA, Kanoya, Japan, 2016
- Olympic Games - Media and Commercialization, Postgraduates Seminar, University of Barcelona, Spain - 2016
- Olympic Athletes & Elite Athletes Transition Postgraduates Session, International Olympic Academy, Olympia, Greece - 2015
- Counselling for Student Counsellors Course, SLF Psychology & Counselling Unit in Sri Lanka - 2014
- National Olympic Academy Sessions - 2010
- Sport Administration Course coordinating by International Olympic Committee - 2008
Sports (Volleyball - International and National Level)
1. Represented 13th Asian Junior Volleyball Championship in Thailand - 2006
2. National Volleyball Championship (Silver Medal) - 2002 and 2003
3. Sri Lanka Junior National Volleyball Championship (Gold Medal) - 2003, and 2005
4. Sri Lanka Junior National Volleyball Championship (Best Player 2004, Best Attacker - 2005)
5. Sri Lanka University Colors / SLUSA - 2011 (Best Performance of Womens Volleyball)
6. University Colors for Best performer of Girls Volleyball (2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010)
7. Womens Volleyball Coach (University of Kelaniya - 2011, Sabaragamuwa University of SL - 2014 & 2015)
I was born on the 16th of January, 1988. I have completed my Bachelor Degree in Sport & Recreation Management from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka in 2011. I obtained my Master Degree of Olympic Studies in German Sport University, Cologne.
I received award International Olympic Solidarity Scholarship (in 2015).
I have nearly five years of experience as an academic lecturer in University of Kelaniya and Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka Since February 2011. I am working as a key coordinator of National Olympic Committee in Sri Lanka.
I was a National Volleyball player since 2000 - 2005 and Represented Sri Lanka in Asian Volleyball championship.
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Key coordinator of National Olympic Committee, Sri Lanka
- Member of Olympic Study Center, German Sport University.
- Olympic Studies
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Organizations and Governance
Research Grant and Awards
1. International Olympic Committe, Olympic Solidarity Grant, 2015
2. Unversity Grant Commission (NCAS grant), 2015
Current Research Projects
- A strategic perspective on good governance of National Olympic Sport Federations in Europe (France, Italy and Germany
- Practices of Olympic Values of Olympic athletes
International level Research Conferences
- Effect of training programme on Service and Reception skills of Sri Lankan Volleyball players - Asia Conference on Multidisciplinary Research AIMR'19, Colombo, 2019
- Parental impacts of sport performance across career stages of Olympic athletes in Sri Lanka, International Physical Education Conference (IPEIC 2019), Bangkok, Thailand, May,2019
- Impacts of psycho-social factors on sport performance across career stages of Olympic athletes in Sri Lanka, South Asia Conference on Multidisciplinary Research SAMR'18 , Colombo, 2018
- The relationship between quality of sport event and customer satisfaction a study of President's Gold Cup Volleyball Tournament – 2017, South Asia Conference on Multidisciplinary Research SAMR'18 , Colombo, 2018
- Let's preserve the spirit of sport": Preventive approaches of using performance enhancing drugs among national level athletes in Sri Lanka, Excellence in Services International Conference, University of Verona, Italy, 7-8 September 2017
- Identify the reasons for the misuse of ergogenic aid in national level athletes in Sri Lanka, Symposium on Combating Alcohol & Other Drugs in National Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo, 26 March 2015
Peer reviewed Journal Articles
1. Identifying the reasons for the misuse of Ergogenic aid in National Level athletes in Sri Lanka, European International Journal of Science and Humanities, Vol.1 No.2, November 2014
2. Media Framing: A comparative content analysis of Rio Olympic Games 2016 through Print Journalism in Sri Lanka, International Journal of Health, Physical Education & Computer Science in sports, Vol.31, pg 64-67, August 2018
1. Factors Affecting Sport Participation of Undergraduates, ISBN: 978-3-659-80056-6 Lambert academic publishing, Saarbrücken, Germany. November 2015.