Mr. Chanaka Sampath Hapuarachchi
BSc Special (Honors) in Statistics, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, 2008.
MSc in Applied Statistics, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2015.
A self-directed, action-oriented professional with over 10 years’ experience in education and community service at leading Sri Lankan academic institutions teaching students from various social and cultural backgrounds. Possessing decent administrative, verbal communication and written skills along with constructive and effective teaching methods that promote a stimulating learning environment.
Previous Career History
Lecturer (Temporary) and Demonstrator in Statistics, Uva Wellassa University 2009 – 2012
Instructor in Statistics, University of Sri Jayewardenepura 2008 – 2009
- Mathematical Statistics
- Multivariate Statistics
- Sports Performance Analysis
- Physical Fitness, Physical Activity and NCD's
- Statistical Software (SAS and R)
Published as full paper at the National/International Conferences/Symposium
- Wijesundara, S., Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S., and Wickramarachchi, W.K.D.S.A. 2018. The relationship between anthropometric parameters and performance of male national level sprinters in Sri Lanka, 8th Institute of Physical Education International Conference 2018 (IPEIC 2018), Bangkok, Thailand.
- Chathumini, K.G.L., Kumara, B.T.G.S., and Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S. 2018. Image processing based automatic Pelicon crossing system, 11th International Research Conference of Sir John Kotelawala Defense University, Sri Lanka, 2018.
- Alwis, P.K.D.N.M., Kumara, B.T.G.S., and Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S. 2018. Customer Churn Analysis and Prediction in Telecommunication for Decision Making, International Conference on Business Innovation (ICOBI), Sri Lanka, 2018.
- Wickramarachchi, W.K.D.S.A., Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S., Senanayake, W.D.W. 2017. A study of physical activity level of government teachers in Colombo district, International Conference on Sport Management 2017 - ICSM2017, Hochi Minh City, Vietnam. pp. 307-313.
- Wickramanayake, W.M.W.A.B., Perera, S.J., Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S., and Wickramasinghe, H.R. (2016). The effect of relaxation and concentration on the performance of archers in Sri Lanka Army. In: Proceedings in Medical, Allied Health, Basic and Applied Sciences of the 9th International Research Conference of Sir John Kotelawala Defense University, Sri Lanka. 8 & 9 September 2016. Sir John Kotelawala Defense University, Ratmalana, Sri Lanka. pp. 66-72.
- Ranathunga, G.M.S.K., Henagamage, A.P., Kalubowila, K.S.R., and Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S. 2011. Development of Fruit Nectar from Ambarella (Spondias dulcis): A Value Added Product from an Underutilized Fruit Crop in Sri Lanka. Proceedings of the Research Symposium of Uva Wellassa University, December 15-16, 2011.
- Gunathilake, G.G.V.L., Henagamage, A.P., Karunathilake, A.A.K., and Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S. 2011. Bioactivity of Tithonia diversifola (Hemsl), Tagetes erecta L. and Lantana camara L. agenst Grain Storage Pests Tribolium castaneum (Herbst). Proceedings of the Research Symposium of Uva Wellassa University, December 15-16, 2011.
Published in abstract/Extended abstract at the National/International Conferences/Symposium
- Nisansala, P., Kumara, B.T.G.S., and Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S. 2018. Analyzing and predicting the risk of being a diabetic patient using data mining, Wayamba International Conference - WinC 2018, Sri Lanka.
- Pathirana, H.P.K.A., Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S., Jayalal, G.L.S., 2017. Develop Sex and Age Specific Normative Values for Health and Skill Related Physical Fitness of 19 - 21 Years Old Sri Lankan Youth. Proceedings of the Peradeniya University International Research Sessions, Sri Lanka, 24th November 2017, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- Wickramarachchi, W.K.D.S.A., Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S., and Senanayake, W.D.W. 2017. A study of physical activity level of government teachers in Colombo district, Wayamba International Conference 2016 - WinC 2016, Sri Lanka. pp. 185.
- Wijesundara C.N.R., Hapuarachchi H.A.C.S., The Study on Level of Visitor Satisfaction at Different Attributes of Yala National Park, Sri Lanka. The 7th Tourism Outlook Conference and the 3rd Tropical Coastal and Island Tourism Conference, 8th to 10th August 2014, Heritance Kandalama, Dambulla, Sri Lanka. pp 14.
- Weerakoon, D.G.A.W.S.C., Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S., Othalawa, S., Senanayake, W.D.W. 2014. Motives and Participation in Exercise of People in Colombo City: A Survey on Participants in Fitness Centers. Proceedings of the Peradeniya University International Research Sessions, Sri Lanka, Vol. 18, 4th & 5th July, 2014. pp 358.
Presented with evidence at the National/International Conferences/Symposium
Anuradha, N.G.D., Perera, M.G.A.N., Hapuarachchi, H.A.C.S., Godavilathanna, A.N., Goonetilleke, L.P., and Wickramaratne, M.N. 2015. Evaluation of branded market samples of Dashamoolarishta: an attempt to identify possible standardization parameters. Third International Conference on Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Traditional Medicine (ICAUST - 2015), Institute of Indigenous Medicine, University of Colombo, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 10th -12th December 2015.
Positions Held/Hold or service Rendering/Rendering (University Level/National Level/International Level)
2015 - 2018 Acting Head, Department of Sports Sciences and Physical Education, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka.