Miss Maheshwari Sangeetha Elapata
Master of Business Administration (MBA) ,University of Sri Jayawedenepura, Sri Lanka (Reading)
Bachelor of Sciences (BSc.) Agricultural Sciences & Management,Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
A graduate from the Faculty of Agricultural Scineces,Sabaragamuwawa University of Sri Lanka and currently reading for MBA at University of Sri Jayawardenepura The Robert Jayasekara Memorial Gold Medal for achieving the highest final grade point average at the Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences and Management Special Degree Examination and also the Subasena Mahaliyanaarachchi Memorial Gold Medal for achieving the highest final grade point average at the Department of Agribusiness Management, at the Convocation of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, 20th December 2016 are considered as milestones in my academic life.
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- International Institute of Fisheries Economics and Trade (IIFET)
- M.S.Elapata and D.A.M. De Silva (2018). Ecological and Energy Foot Print of Fish Processing in the Southern Coast of Sri Lanka. The International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) Conference 2018, Seattle, Washington, USA.
- M.S.Elapata and D.A.M. De Silva (2018,July). Women’s position in blue economy. The International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) Conference 2018, Seattle, Washington, USA
- Elapata, M.S, Sivashankar,P.S, Hettiarachchi I.C.and De Silva, D.A.M. (2017). Soft skills and hard constraints in post harvest chain: A case of small scale fish processing, 11th Indian Acquaculture and Fisheries Forum, Kochin, India
Abstracts presented at local conferences
- Elapata M.S and Mahaliyanaarachchi R.P (2016).Evaluating the Occupational Health and Safety Performance: A Case Study in a Food and Vegetable processing factory in Sri Lanka, Abstract submission, ISBN 978-955-644-052- 2,Annual Research Session(ARS)of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka,15th
- Elapata M.S and Mahaliyanaarachchi R.P (2016).Factors Affecting the Occupational Health and Safety Performance in Compliance to OHSAS 18001:2007: A Study in Food Industry of Sri Lanka, Extended Abstract submission, ISBN 978-955-644-053-9.In proceedings of the 3rd International Conference of Agricultural Sciences AgInsight 2016, 8th -9 th December 2016, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, 95-97
- Elapata M.S, Hettiarachchi I.C, Sivashankar. P, Mahaliyanaarachchi R.P,Bandara B.E.S (2015).The Role of Field Level Extension officers at DiviNeguma Rural Development Program: A Study in Rathnapura District. Abstract submission, ISBN 978-955-589-201-8.In Proceedings of Peradeniya University International Research Sessions, IPURSE 2015, 5th -6 th November 2015 ,71
- Elapata M.S, Perera D.G.D, Gunaratna M.P.S.H, Dissanayake D.S.K,Dalukwetiya P.D.A.N, Abesinghe. N and Jayaweera T.S.P (2014). A Study on Growth Performance and Carcass Parameters in Broiler Chicken Fed with Maize and
- Prasangi K.W.V, Malkanthi S.H.P, Sivashankar. P, Hettiarachchi I.C, Elapata M. S (2018). Coconut Production and Marketing Issues of Small Scale Farmers in Mini Coconut Traingle. Book of Abstract, SLCARP, International Agricultural Research Symposium 2018,Sri Lanka Agricultural Research Policy, Ministry of Agriculture,2018
- Galappaththi U.T.A, Malkanthi S.H.P, Sivashankar. P, Hettiarachchi I.C, Elapata M. S (2018). An Investigation of constraints and opportunities in Agriculture Inputs Marketing in Hambantota District. Book of Abstract, SLCARP, International Agricultural Research Symposium 2018, Sri Lanka Agricultural Research Policy, Ministry of Agriculture,2018.
- BasnayakeB.M.R.L, Weddagala W.M.T.B,Mahaliyanaarachchi R.P,Sivasankar P, Elapata M.S.(2017).Awareness of Paddy Farmers on Climate Change and its impact on Crop Production: A Study in Kalthota Irrigation Scheme. Abstract Submission,ISSN:2235-9397.In proceedings of Twenty Second International Forestry and Environment Symposium , 2017,Vol.22,83
- Pinnagoda S.U, Mahaliyanaarachchi R.P, Sivashankar. P, Hettiarachchi I.C ,Elapata M.S,Mudalige H.M.D.E.H (2017). Consumer Behavior towards Fast Food Consumption: A Case Study in Kiribathgoda Area .Abstract submission, ISBN 978-955-644-058-4.6th International Conference of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, Abstracts, 3rd -5 th May,2017,7