Mrs. HN Gunasinghe
- B.Sc (Special) in Computer Science - University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka - 2014
I received B.Sc (Special) in Computer Science degree from the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka in 2014.
I have a one year of experience as an academic lecturer (Temporary) at the Open University of Sri Laka and year of experience as an Instructor in Computer Science (Temporary) in University of Sri Jayewardenepura in Sri Lanka since 2015.
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Social Informatics
Full Papers Published in Indexed Journals
- Diddeniya, S. I. A. P., Rathnayake, K. A. S. V., Gunasinghe, H. N. and Wanniarachchi, W. K. I. L. (2017), Integrating iRobot-Arduino-Kinect Systems: An Educational Voice and Keyboard Operated Wireless Mobile Robot. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology, 6(6), 188-192.
Full Papers Published in Conference Proceedings
- Rathnayake, K. A. S. V., Diddeniya, S. I. A. P., Wanniarachchi, W. K. I. L., Nanayakkara, W. H. K. P., and Gunasinghe, H. N., Voice Operated Home Automation System Based on Kinect Sensor, 8th IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability, Galle, Sri Lanka, December 16 - 19, 2016.
- Gunasinghe, H. N. and Fernando, T. G. I., A Computer Aided System to Identify the Face shape of a Person using Machine Learning and Image Processing Techniques, Proceedings of the 16th Conference of the Science Council of Asia (ISBN 978-955-590-123-9) Colombo, Sri Lanka, May 30, 31 - June 01 2016. pp 41 - 45.
Publication as an Extended Abstract in International Conferences
- Gunasinghe, H. N. and De Silva, R., Gender Recognition of Luffa Flowers using Machine Learning, Proceedings of the 1st International Research Conference in Smart Computing and Systems Engineering (SCSE), (ISSN: 2613-8662) Colombo, Sri Lanka, March 29 2018. pp 94 - 97.
Publication as an Abstract in International Conferences
- Dharmasekara, M. A. J. R. and Gunasinghe, H. N., Impact of Social Media Usage on Students' Academic Performance in Sri Lanka, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches 2018, (ISSN: 2386-1509), Kalutara, Sri Lanka, August 31 - September 01, 02 2018. pp 95.
- De Silva, R. and Gunasinghe, H. N., Framework for Flower Gender Recognition using Machine Learning, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Business and Information 2017 (ICBI 2017), Colombo, Sri Lanka, November 17 2017. pp 36.
Completed Research Projects
- A Computer Aided System to Identify the Face Shape of a Person using Machine Learning and Image Processing Techniques, 2014 - This was my Final Year Research Project at University of Sri Jayewardenepura. A prototype system that understands the face shape of a person. There are seven basic face shapes of a person. The system can identify the correct category by a given straight facial image. The system consists of a trained deep neural network that works as a classifier.