Dr. GSN Perera
PhD in Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Technical University of Dresden, Germany, 2014
MSc in Geo-Informatics, University of Twente, Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), The Netherlands, 2007
B.Sc. Surveying Sciences, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, 2002
Dr. Sanka Perera is a dedicated researcher, University Lecturer, an independent Consultant on Land Surveying, Photogrammetric Surveying, Remote Sensing and GIS. Currently He is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of RSGIS and also giving his service as the Head of the Department.
Reconstruction of 3D topography
Processing of point clouds data
Remote Sensing & GIS
- Automated generation of 3D building models from dense point clouds & aerial photos. Published at German Geodetic Commission, ISBN 978-3-7696-5154-6.
- Perera. G.S.N., Maas, H.-G., 2014. Cycle graph analysis for 3D roof structure modelling: Concepts and performance. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. DOI: 10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2014.04.017.
- Perera. G.S.N., Nalani, H.A., Maas, H.-G., 2012. An automated method for 3d roof outlines generation and regularization in airborne laser scanner data. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences 1(31W4), 281-286.
- Perera, G. S.N., Hetti Arachchige, N., Schneider, D. (2014). Integration of Image Data for Refining Building Boundaries Derived from Point Clouds. The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XL-3, 2014, ISPRS Technical Commission III Symposium, 5 – 7 September 2014, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Hetti Arachchige, N., Perera, G.S.N. (2014). Automatic modelling of building façade objects via primitive shapes. The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XL-3, 2014, ISPRS Technical Commission III Symposium, 5 – 7 September 2014, Zurich, Switzerland
- Perera, G.S.N., Maas, H.-G., 2012. A topology based approach for the generation and regularization of roof outlines in airborne laser scanner data. In: DGPF Tagungsband, Potsdem, Germany, on CD_ROM.
- Nalani H.A., Perera, G.S.N., Maas, H.:G., 2012. Automatic Processing of Mobile Laser Scanner point clouds for Building facade detection. International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences 39 (Part 5B), 787-192.
- Perera, G.S.N., 200 Point Clouds Filtering Techniques. In: Asian Conference of Remote Sensing, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Perera, G.S.N., Piyasena, N.M.P.M., 2008. Error Patterns on Digital Ortho Photo. In: Asian Conference of Remote Sensing, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Piyasena, N.M.P.M., Perera, G.S.N., 2008. Error Pattern Recognition of Static GPS Observation with Change of PDOP, Baseline and Observation Duration. In: Asian Conference of Remote Sensing, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Master thesis published on ITC Academic Output; Segment Based Filtering of LASER scanner data,2007,ITC Academic output: http://www.itc.nl/library/papers 2007/msc/gfm/perera.pdf