Dr. S. Vasanthapriyan
- Doctor of Engineering in Computer Science- Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, PR China. - 2017
- M.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering- Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.- 2010
- B.Sc( Hons) in Computer Science - University of Peradeniya, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka - 2004
I am an Educator, Researcher, and Consultant!
I was born on the 9th of January, 1979. I received my B.Sc.(Hons) in Computer Science degree from University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka in 2004. I was awarded with Ashoka Amunugama Memorial award for the best performances in University of Peradeniya. I obtained my Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology in The Netherlands in 2010. In 2017, I obtained my Doctor of Engineering Degree in Computer Science in Wuhan University of Technology in PR China.
I received a number of prestigious international awards including Nuffic Fellowship Awards (in 2007) and Chinese Government Scholarship (in 2014).
I have nearly twelve years of experience as an academic lecturer in Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka Since September 2005. In 2011, I was appointed as the first Head of the Department of Computing and Information Systems and served until July 2014. I was an Executive Member of the Standing Committee for Computing at University Grant Commission, representing Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka in the period of 05-2014- 07-2017, which helped me to design and implement the ACM/IEEE based curriculum for Department of Computing and Information Systems in 2014.
I am a Senior Member of IEEE too. In 2018 i was appointed as a coordinator for the University Business Linkage Cell of the University too.
Research Gate Shanmuganathan Vasanthapriyan on ResearchGate
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Sofware Engineering
- Agile Software Development
- Knowledge Engineering
- Knowledge Management
- e-Commerce, Operation, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Social Computing
- Business Process Management
Current Research Projects
Title: A study of software testing practices in Sri Lankan Software Companies - A Mixed Method Study - SUSL Grant ( Under Review)
Google Scholar profile- S. Vasanthapriyan
A) Full papers published in indexed journals
- Vasanthapriyan, S., Xiang, J., Tian, J., & Xiong, S. (2017). Knowledge synthesis in software industries: a survey in Sri Lanka. Knowledge Management Research & Practice, 15(3), 413-430.
- Thuseethan, S., & Vasanthapriyan, S. (2015). Social media as a new trend in Sri Lankan digital journalism: A surveillance. Asian Social Science, 11(10), 86.
B) Full papers published in non-indexed refereed journals
- Vasanthapriyan, S., Jing, T., & Jianguo, W. (2017). Knowledge Construction in Software Industries-A Study from Sri Lankan Industrial Perspective. Zhishi guanli luntan, 2(1), 32-45.
- Wickramaarachchi, W., & Vasanthapriyan, S. (2015). Multi-layer framed offline signature recognition algorithm. Journal of Image and Graphics, 3(1).
- Thuseethan, S., & Vasanthapriyan, S. (2015). Mobile Social Media for Sri Lankan Public and Private Higher Educational Institutions. Developing Country Studies, 5 (2),42-48.
- Vasanthapriyan, S., Bhagya, R. P. T., & Jayaweera, P. (2015). Meta-model for Collaboration Modeling in Legal Sector. International Journal of multidisciplinary Studies, 1(1).
- Thilini Bhagya, Shanmuganathan Vasanthapriyan, and Prasad Jayaweera. (2014). “Collaboration Modelling Framework for Courts Hearing Workflow Specification”, Journal of Developing Country Studies, Volume 4 (13) (Special Issue), 83-92.
- Bhagya, R. P. T., Vasanthapriyan, S., & Jayaweera, P. (2014). Survey on requirements and approaches of business process repositories. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 4(1), 236-241.
- Samaraweera, W. J., Vasanthapriyan, S., & Oza, K. S. Designing a Multi-Level Support Based Association Mining Algorithm. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications,4(4) 242-248.
C) Publication as conference proceedings in National and International Conferences
- Vasanthapriyan, Shanmuganathan, Jing Tian, Dongdong Zhao, Shengwu Xiong and Jianwen Xiang (2017). An Ontology-based Knowledge Management System for Software Testing – 29th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering.
- Vasanthapriyan, Shanmuganathan, Jing Tian, Dongdong Zhao, Shengwu Xiong and Jianwen Xiang (2017). An ontology-based knowledge framework for managing software testing knowledge. The 2017 IEEE Workshop on Software Engineering and Knowledge Management.
- Serasinghe, M., & Vasanthapriyan, S. (2016). Intelligent Retail Checkout Management System. In Computer and Communications (ICCC), 2016 2nd IEEE International Conference on (pp. 929-932). IEEE.
- Vasanthapriyan, S., Tian, J., & Xiang, J. (2015). A survey on knowledge management in software engineering. In Software Quality, Reliability and Security-Companion (QRS-C), 2015 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 237-244). IEEE.
- Thuseethan, S., & Vasanthapriyan, S. (2015). Spider-web topology: A novel topology for parallel and distributed computing. In Information and Communication Technology (ICoICT), 2015 3rd International Conference on (pp. 34-38). IEEE.\
- Thuseethan, S., & Vasanthapriyan, S. (2015). Multi-agent based ocean-transport and traffic controlling system: A simulation. In Information Technology: Towards New Smart World (NSITNSW), 2015 5th National Symposium on (pp. 1-5). IEEE.\
- Vasanthapriyan, S., & Thuseethan, S. (2015). Prediction of Human Flow in Disaster Situations: A Multi-agent Based Modelling and Simulation. In Dependable Computing and Internet of Things (DCIT), 2015 2nd International Symposium on (pp. 117-121). IEEE.
- R.P.T. Bhagya, S. Vasanthapriyan, and P. Jayaweera, “Pattern Driven Collaboration Modeling in Legal Case Management”, Conference Proceedings - Part 4: Marketing Management and Technology, 5th International Conference on Business and Information (ICBI 2014), ISSN 2420-7497, Page 17-24, 2014
D) Publication as abstract in National and International Conferences
- Vasanthapriyan, S., Thuseethan, S., & Dantanarayana, G. (2016). Improve safety for pedestrians using smartphones while walking: Sri Lankan context. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology for Sustainable Development.
- Vasanthapriyan, S., & Thuseethan, S. (2016). ICT for knowledge construction for undergraduate students in Sri Lankan universities. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology for Sustainable Development.
- Bhagya, T., Vasanthapriyan, S., & Jayaweera, P. M. (2015). Architectural Framework for Successful Electronic Legal Service Deployment. Unique Conferences Canada.
- Vasanthapriyan, S. (2015). Sentimental Analysis Based on Sinhala Language Social Media Updates. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Linguistics in Sri Lanka, ICLSL 2015.
- Thilini Bhagya, Vasanthapriyan Shanmuganathan, Prasad Jayaweera . (2014). “Collaboration Modelling Framework for Legal Workflow Management”, Abstracts of 4th Annual Research Session (ARS 2014), Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka, ISBN 978-955-644-039-3, Page 30.
- T. Bhagya, S. Vasanthapriyan, and P. Jayaweera. (2014). “Meta-model for Collaboration Modeling in Legal Sector”, Conference Proceedings, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches (ICMA 2014), ISSN 2386-1509, Page 85.
- Vasanthapriyan, S. (2014). Survey on Metadata Standards for an E-Teaching Environment. In: Proceedings of International Symposium on ICT for Environmental Sustainability (ICTES 2014).
- Balathasan Sayanthan, S., Vasanthapriyan, S., & Kodithuwakku, S. R. (2005). An Intelligent System to Predict the Stock Indices of the Colombo Stock Exchange. In Proceedings of the Peradeniya University Research Sessions. Sri Lanka.
E) Publication as Books/ Chapters
- Shanmuganathan Vasanthapriyan, R.P.T. Bhagya, and Prasad M. Jayaweera(2014) “Collaboration Modelling Framework for Legal Workflow Management: Collaboration Modelling Framework for Courts Hearing Workflow Specification for Sri Lankan Context”, ISBN-10: 3659608475, ISBN-13: 978-3659608476, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
- Shanmuganathan Vasanthapriyan, Mohamed M I Isham (2014). Personalized Outdoor Audio Tour Guide with Augmented Reality, ISBN: 3659590290, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.