Dr. UA Piumi Ishanka
- D.Eng. (Information Science and Control Engineering), Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan (August 2018)
- Master of Engineering in Management and Information Systems - Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan (2015)
- BSc Special (Hons) in Computer Science and Technology - Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (2009)
I’m working as a Lecturer(confirmed) in the Department of Computing and Information Systems and started my career as a Lecturer(probationary) in 2011. I graduated from Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka in 2008 and after graduation, I worked as a Software engineer. In 2010, I joined Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka as an academic supportive staff at the faculty of Applied Sciences. I obtained my master’s degree and PhD in 2015 and 2018 respectively at the Graduate School of Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan.
- Information Filtering
- Sentiment Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
Participation in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programmes/Extension Courses/Short Courses/Visiting Lectures
- International Graduate Course for Continuing Professional Development in Doctoral Program, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan (2016)
- Teaching in Higher Education for Academic Staff conducted by the Staff Development Centre, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (2012)
Research Publication in Indexed Journals
- U. A. Piumi Ishanka and Takashi Yukawa, “The Prefiltering Techniques in Emotion Based Place Recommendation Derived by User Reviews”, Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 2017,10 pages, 2017.
Research Publication in refereed Journals
- Piumi Ishanka UA and Takashi Yukawa, “ An Analysis of Emotion and user Behavior in Context-Aware Travel Recommendation Systems using Pre-Filtering and Tensor Factorization Techniques”, Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology: D Neural & Artificial Intelligence, 2018
Published as full paper at the National/International Conferences/Symposium
- Ishanka UAP, Takashi Yukawa. (2018). "User emotion and Personality in context-aware Travel Recommendation",5th International Conference on Advanced Informatics, Concepts, Theory and Applications (ICAICTA), August 14-17,2018.
- Ishanka UAP, Takashi Yukawa. (2017). “A Context-aware Place Recommendation System based on Emotion and User Behavior as Contextual Parameters”. the 18th International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (ISIS 2017): Springer International Publishing, October 11-14, 2017.
- Ishanka, U. P., & Marasinghe, A. “Supporting user interaction of social network mobile application with multimodal interaction”. In 10th Asia-Pacific Symposium Information and Telecommunication Technologies (APSITT), 2015. IEEE. August 4-7, 2015.
Published in abstract/Extended abstract at the National/International Conferences/Symposium
- Ishanka, U. P., Marasinghe, A., & Pradeep Kalansooriya “An adaptive multimodal approach to user behavior sensing social network application”. In the 3rd International GIGAKU Conference in Nagaoka (IGCN), June 20-22 ,2014.
Editor-in-Chief of Journals/Editorial Board Member/Program Chair/Reviewer
- EdHat International Research Conference on Information Communication Technology (IRCICT), Sri Lanka, (23rd Nov.2018)
- The 11th International Research Conference (IRC), Sri Lanka,(13th, Sep.2018)
- Journal Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 2018