Dr. UA Piumi Ishanka
- D.Eng. (Information Science and Control Engineering), Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan (2018)
- M.Eng. (Management and Information Systems), Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan (2015)
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science and Technology, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (2009)
I serve Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka as a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computing and Information Systems, Faculty of Applied Sciences. I graduated from Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka in 2009 and after graduation, I worked as a Software Engineer. In 2010, I joined Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka as an academic supportive staff at the faculty of Applied Sciences. I obtained my Master’s degree and Ph.D. in 2015 and 2018 respectively, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan.
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineering (IEEE)
- Information Filtering
- Sentiment Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
Research Publication in Indexed Journals
- U. A. Piumi Ishanka and Takashi Yukawa, “The Prefiltering Techniques in Emotion Based Place Recommendation Derived by User Reviews”, Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 2017,10 pages, 2017.
Research Publication in refereed Journals
- Piumi Ishanka UA and Takashi Yukawa, “ An Analysis of Emotion and user Behavior in Context-Aware Travel Recommendation Systems using Pre-Filtering and Tensor Factorization Techniques”, Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology: D Neural & Artificial Intelligence, 2018
Published as full paper at the National/International Conferences/Symposium
- Ishanka UAP, Takashi Yukawa. (2018). "User emotion and Personality in context-aware Travel Recommendation",5th International Conference on Advanced Informatics, Concepts, Theory and Applications (ICAICTA),2018, IEEE. August 14-17,2018.
- Ishanka UAP, Takashi Yukawa. (2017). “A Context-aware Place Recommendation System based on Emotion and User Behavior as Contextual Parameters”. the 18th International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems (ISIS 2017): Springer International Publishing. October 11-14, 2017.
- Ishanka, U. P., & Marasinghe, A. “Supporting user interaction of social network mobile application with multimodal interaction”. In 10th Asia-Pacific Symposium Information and Telecommunication Technologies (APSITT), 2015. IEEE. August 4-7, 2015.
Published in abstract/Extended abstract at the National/International Conferences/Symposium
- Ishanka, U. P., Marasinghe, A., & Pradeep Kalansooriya “An adaptive multimodal approach to user behavior sensing social network application”. In the 3rd International GIGAKU Conference in Nagaoka (IGCN), June 20-22 ,2014.
Recognized National/International awards for learning, research and teaching
- Obtained Monbukagakusho Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for Doctoral study. Nagaoka University of Technology, 2015- 2018
- Obtained Monbukagakusho Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for Master’s study. Nagaoka University of Technology, 2013- 2015
Editor-in-Chief of Journals/Editorial Board Member/Program Chair/Reviewer
- 3rd International Conference on Information Technology Research (ICITR2018), Sri Lanka, (05th- 07th Dec. 2018)
- EdHat International Research Conference on Information Communication Technology (IRCICT), Sri Lanka, (23rd Nov.2018)
- The 11th International Research Conference (IRC), Sri Lanka,(13th, Sep.2018)
- Journal Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 2018
Editorial Board Member
- 8th Annual Research Session, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka(19th Dec. 2018)