Mrs. AAS Priyadarshanee
- M.Phil, Economics, Dept of Economics and Statistics, Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya, 2007-2011.
- Bachelor of Arts with First Class Honours, Economics, University of Peradeniya, 2002-2006.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management, Management and Higher Professional Training Institute (Department of Management and Vocational Training), Kurunegala, 2006.
- Diploma in English – Level III, American College of Higher Education, Kandy in 2010.
- Intermediate level of Association of Accounting Technicians of Sri Lanka, 2004.
- English & Skills Development of undergraduate in Arts & Management Stream, University of Peradeniya, 2006.
- Labour Economics
- Public Sector Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Macro Economic Policies
- Gender Studies
- 2008 - Gate Mudliyar A G Tillekeratne Research Fellowship, University of Peredeniya.
- May 2014-Aug 2014, Actively supported the development of course curriculum and modules for undergraduate students in Economics and Business oriented fields in Turkmenistan and also provided literature review on associated main texts and reading list for Trade Policy under the guidance of Nihal Pitigala, PhD, Senior Trade Advisor (USAID MSTAS Africa Trade Hub Program).
- 2010-2014, Research Assistant, in SLSE Research Project. I involved in performing data management related tasks. In this work I used statistical software (STATA) skills extensively.
- Oct, 2010-Jan, 2014, Data Analyst, in “Determinants of the Success of Small Business: A Survey-based Study in Kuliyapitiya Divisional Secretariat of Sri Lanka” International Journal of Business and Social Research (IJBSR), Vol. 4, No. 4, April 2014.
- 2010-2011, Postgraduate student, in University of Peradeniya. Researched and wrote a Thesis analyzing impacts of budget deficit on macro variables and debt Sustainability in Sri Lanka during 1960-2007.
- 2005-2006, Undergraduate Student, in University of Peradeniya. Examined and wrote a dissertation analyzing size of gender wage gap between sectors and occupational segregation in Sri Lanka during 1996-2004.
Current Research Projects
Social Cost and Economic Benefit of Public Sector Employment in Sri Lanka
- Priyadarshanee, A.A.S. and Dayaratna-Banda, O.G., “Sustainability of Government Debt in Sri Lanka” International Journal of Business and Social Research (IJBSR), Vol. 4, No. 7, July 2014.
- Priyadarshanee, A.A.S. and Dayaratna-Banda, O.G., “Budget Deficit and Financial Crowding Out: Evidence from Sri Lanka” Sri Lanka Journal of Economic Research, Vol 1, 1 (2013): 3-28.
- Priyadarshanee, A.A.S., and Gunewardena, Dileni, “Trends in Gender Wage Differentials and the Effect of Occupational Segregation.” In O.G. Dayaratne et al. Sri Lanka Aarthikaya Nirbadhikaranaya ha Sanvardhanaya. (2008): 171-199.