Dr. NMP Piyasena
PhD in European Urban Studies, Institute of European Urban Studies, Bauhaus University of Weimar, Germany, 2015
MSc in Land Management and Land Tenure, Technical University of Munich, Germany, 2007
Bachelor of Surveying Sciences (Hons), Sabaragamuwa University, 2002
Dr.-Ing NMPM Piyasena graduated at the Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka and obtained his masters and PhD qualification from Technical University of Munich, Germany and Bauhaus University of Weimar, Germany respectively. He is an expert in Land Management and Land Tenure. His field of interest is land tenure security and slump upgrading. Presently, he hold the responsibility as the coordinator quality assurance cell, Faculty of Geomatics.
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Member of Research Committee 21 (user ID 26848827)
- Member of the Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science .(mem no: 7006/C)
- Non co-operative member of the Surveyors Institute of Sri Lanka.
- Member Royal Asiatic Society of Sri Lanka(mem no:L/874)
Current Research Projects
- Integration of Autopoieitic Theories into Agent Based Simulation Models
- Development of indexes for sustainable urban settlements
- Development of a Knowledge-based fussy decision making system towards pro-poor land management
- Aslam, M.S.M., Piyasena, N.M.P.M., Mutukumarana, R.K. (Eds), (2016),Abstracts of the 6th Annual Research Session, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
- Piyasena NMPM (2015), Modeling the Autopoiesis of a land tenure system: An agent-based modeling approach for land tenure security dynamics
Publish in pear revived journals
- Piyasena NMPM (2009), Analytical Framework for Institutional Contribution in Land Tenure Reform, Nordic Journal of Surveying and Real Estate Research Vol 6, No 1
- Piyasena NMPM, RP De Silva, NDK Dayawansa (2012), Spatial Data Infrastructure Based Approach for Institutionalizing the Tenure Security in Alienated Government Lands, Tropical Agricultural Research Vol 23, No 4, pp 347-356
- Piyasena NMPM (2010), Insecurity of Secure Land Tenure-Case of Service Tenure formalization in Sri Lanka, Sabaragamuwa University Journal Vol 9, No 1 pp. 133-145
- Pisayena NMPM (2016), Analyzing the climate resilience livelihood strategies using agent-based simulation techniques, 12th International conference of the international institute for infrastructure resilience and reconstruction
- Piyasena NMPM, Eckardt F (2013), Towards an econometric modelling of agent behavior under the uncertainties of secure land tenure elements, Paper presented at the International RC21 Conference
- Piyasena NMPM, Perera GSN (2008), Error Pattern Recognition of Static GPS Observations with Change of PDOP, Baseline and Observation Duration, 29th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Perera GSN, Piyasena NMPM (2008), Error Patterns on Digital Ortho Photo, 29th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Ranasinhe AKRN, Piyasena NMPM, Munesinhe DS (2007), Decision making and management supportive system using GIS: A case study of Bogoda basin, Twelfth International Forestry and Environment Symposium , organized by University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka.
- Bandara KRMU, Hereat ST, Piyasena NMPM (2006), To Determine a Mathematical Model to Establish a Relationship Between Satellite Geometry, Observation Time, Base Line Length, and Precision for Static GPS Observation, First International Symposium, conducted by Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka.
- Piyasena NMPM, TMDB Igalawithana CM (2010), Role of Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) enabled Land Administration in Government Lands Alienation – The case of Sri Lanka, 2nd International Symposium, conducted by Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka.