RAD Priyanka Weerasekara
Position / Current Status
E-mail Address: email@example.com
B.A (Hons) Sinhala, 1st class with gold medal, University of Kelaniya, 1997
M.A (Linguistics) Sri Jawaharlal Neharu University, New Delhi, India, 2006
PhD (Indegenous Studies) Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanaka, 2014
Sangeeth Visharadh, University of Bhathkande Lucknow, India, 1988
Diploma in Dancing, Department of Examination, Sri Lanka, 1988
Higher Diploma (Hindi Language & Literature) Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Agra, India 1991
Dr. Priyanka Weerasekara was educated at AnulaVidyalaya, Nugegoda and Currently she is working as a Senior Lecturer in Sinhala, in the Department of Languages, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka. She is the Director of an Aesthetic Institute conducted under the Department of Cultural Affairs of Sri Lanka. Dr Priyanka is a Professional Singer and Programme Presenter of Sri Lanka Rupavahini Cooperation and SLBC.
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Co-Person-In- Charge, IRQUE Project – (QEF-Batch-3), Faculty of Social Science & Languages, 2008 up to 2009.
- Coordinator First Annual Symposium on Social Sciences & Humanities of SUSL 2007.
- Rapporteur of the Second International Symposium of SUSL 2008, 2016
- Member of the Curriculum Revision Committee-Faculty of Social Sciences and Languages
- Member (Ex-officio) of the Board of Study – Bachelor of Art General (External) Degree- Faculty of Social Sciences and Languages.
- Member of Jury of Literary Awarding Committe, State Literary Award Festival, 2017
- Secretary, Board of Study in Humanities, Faculty of Graduate Studies,SUSL
- Head, Department of Languages, FSSL,SUSL-from 13.10.2014 to 12.10.2017
- Member of Language editing Committe, 3rd Annual Student Research Sesion-2017
- Member of Selection Committee, State Litrary Awards Ceremony- 2017
- Acct.Head, Department of Langguages, FSSL, SUSL- from 12.10.2017 to 12.01.2018
- Member of Senate, SUSL- from 13.10.2014 to 12.01.2018
- Member of Selection Committee, State Litrary Awards Ceremony-2018
- Editor in Chief of the Sabaragamuwa University Shasthreeya Sangarhaya
Sinhala Cultural Studies, Drama and Theatre, Eastern Music & Dancing, Socio-Linguistics, Indegenous Studies
- Uththara Bharathiya Jana Nataka, S.Godage & Brothers.
Abstract Presented, Publised at National/International Conferences
- The Influences of South Indian Folk Tradition Kuttu on the Nadagama in SriLanka, 2008 .
- The Critical Analysis of Nurthi Nataka, The National Conference on Traditional Knowladge, 2009.
- The Comparative study on North Indian Folk Drama & Sinhala Folk Drama, 8th Annual Reseach Conference, Royal Aesthetic Society of Sri Lanka, 2015.
- The Vedda Language: a Linguistics Study with Special Reference to Dambana, Sri Lanka. International Conference on Linguistics in Sri Lanka. University of Kelaniya (ICLSL) 2015.
- The Lingustics Stydy of Present Day Vedda Speech ,5th annual Research Session, Sabaragamuwa University of SriLanka, 2016.
- The Linguistic Study of the Current Context of Vedda Language with Special Reference to Dambana, Sri Lanka, 4th International Conference of Eastern University, Sri Lanka, ICE 2016.
The Impact of Cultural & Lingustics Assimilation on Vedda, with Special Reference to Dambana, SriLanka., International Research Conference of University of Jaffna (JUICE), 2016.
Papers Presented at National /International Conferences/Published
- The Reveal of Gender Issus in Short Stories , National Conference of Gender Issue , Human Education & Research Centre, 1998
- Relocating Wittgenstein On the Right Track: A Study of Language Games & the Private Language Argument,1st Annual Symposium SUSL, 2007.
- Comparative Studies of Literary Theories in Tholkappium & Sanskrit Tradition ,1st Annual Symposium SUSL, 2007.
- Noun Morphological Analysis of Colloquial Sinhalese,International Symposium, SUSL, 2008
- The Issues of Gender as Reflected in Short Stories by Martin Wikkramasinghe and Hemapala Munidasa, Nivedani, The Research Centre of Womens'Education, 2000.
- Murukan Skandha Deva Wandana (Comparative Studies of Indian Kurinchi People & Srilankan Indigenous People), Indigenous Centre, SUSL, 2007
- South Indian Folk Drama, Sri Lankan Islanders Indigenous People, Indigenous Centre, SUSL, 2007.
- The Importance of Creative Thought in Literature, Mahimaya, The Readers' society of Public Library, Balangoda, 2013.
- Nuthana Vanga Sahithye Prakashitha Thagor Kaveethveya,Sahithya Vishesha Kalapaya- 2018, Department of Cultural Affairs, 2018
- An Analysis of the Effect of Melody and Meaning on Aesthetic Enjoyment in Selected Lyrics of Sri Chandraratne Manawasinghe ,Sabaragamuwa Shastreeya Sangrahaya, Volume 9th December 2018