Peer Review Process
- Abstract submitted by authors are preliminarily screened for quality and appropriateness of the content of the abstract by the editorial board. The abstracts which are passed through the initial screening process will be preceded for peer reviewing process. Two blind reviewers are assigned for the abstracts by the editor in Chief in consultation with the subject editors. Based on the evaluation reports of reviewers the editorial board will make the final description of acceptance or rejection of the abstract.
Conditions of the submission
- Only original, unpublished abstract not under consideration for publication elsewhere should be submitted. Articles must be technically sound and written in English. Spelling should conform to The Concise Oxford Dictionary. Authors must prepare abstract according to the conference’s standards and instructions in order to facilitate prompt review and processing of papers
- It is the responsibility of the author to obtain the permission for reprinting from the respective publisher for any materials that have been published elsewhere enabling them to reprint in ARS.
Preparation of the abstract
- Page setup
The entire abstract & keywords should not exceed one B5 page, text only (no figures please), with following margins (Top – 2cm, Bottom – 1.5cm, Left – 2.5cm, Right – 2cm).
The title must be single-spaced, centered, bold, and must use 13pt Cambria font.
The authors' names must be single-spaced, centered, and must use 10pt Cambria font.
Please make sure to underline the Corresponding Author’s name and include the email address (only for the corresponding author), in the affiliation information below the authors’ names.
The affiliations must be single-spaced, centered, italic, and must use 10pt Cambria font.
- Abstract body
The text of the abstract should describe the nature of the presentation. The text must be single-spaced, fully justified, and must use 11pt Cambria font. There is no indentation at the beginning of each paragraph. There must be one empty line between successive paragraphs. The entire abstract should not have more than three paragraphs, while we encourage the authors to stick to a single paragraph abstract. Please do not include any citations within the body of the abstract, neither references after the abstract. Nevertheless, authors are encouraged to supply web URLs that link to any additional information relevant to the paper (if any).
Three to six keywords should be included at the end (separated from the abstract by a single empty line) separated by commas, in the alphabetical order, as follows;
- Text Formatting
Abstracts should be prepared in Word.
Save your file in docx format (Word 2007 or higher) or doc format (older Word versions).
Abbreviations should be defined at first mention and used consistently thereafter.
Naming of the document
- Additionally, please name your file according to the following convention: ARS20XX_lastname_firstname_abstractacronym.doc
- The ‘abstract acronym’ can be of your choice, not exceeding 15 alpha-numeric characters and not using any other special characters and/or spaces.
Preparation of the poster
- The abstracts accepted for the oral presentations should follow the presentation template given below
Preparation of the poster
- The abstracts accepted for the poster presentations should follow the poster template given below
- Page proofs will be sent to the first author unless otherwise stated on the title page of the manuscript. Proofs must be corrected within two days. Alterations in proofs other than corrections of printer’s errors may be charged to authors.
- © The Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
- The copyright covers the exclusive right to distribute the article, including reprints, portable document format (pdf) files or any other reproduction of a similar nature. No part of the article may be reproduced without permission in writing from the copyright holder.
- The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
- No page charges are levied and authors will receive a PDF copy of the published paper.
Please do not hesitate to contact your respective faculty representative of the ARS
Annual Research Session
TP: 0452280013 / 071-5556191