Position / Current Status
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
MSc in Plant Protection Technology (3.95 GPA), Post Graduate Institute of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
BSc in Agricultural Sciences (First Class), Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
Life time Member of SLOAP (Sri Lanka Organization of Agriculture Professionals)
Life time Member of SLAAS (Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science)
- Management of soil health to suppresive management of pests, diseases and weeds
- Bio Pesticides
- Ecological Insect Pest Management
- BSF: An ecofriendly and financially viable approach: Utilization of Black Soldier Fly Larva as a protein rich diet for animals and Bio-waste treatment, Manjula PS Magamage, RNN Perera, 2020 (Book).
- Effect of substrate composition on life cycle modalities of Black Soldier Fly Larvae (BSFL;Hermetia illucens) (2019), RNN Perera, Dr. Manjula PS Magamage, Dumeshi Ellawidana , Kasun Lakmini; Kasun Priyadarshana, A. W. Wijeratna, 75th Scientific Sessions of the Sri Lanka Advancement for the Advancement of Science, University of Colombo, 10.12.2019.
- Bio-degradable Waste Management; Public Perception on Utilization of Black Soldier Fly Larvae (BSFL; Hermetia illucens), (2019). Dumeshi Ellawidana ;RNN Perera ; Kasun Lakmini; Kasun Priyadarshana; Manjula PS Magamage, Abstract is presented in the International Conference on ‘ Social and Cultural Nexus of S&T Development’ in National Science Foundation, Sri Lanka on 3rd-4th October, 2019.
- Implications of Fall Armyworm epidemic in Sri Lanka: A case study in Rathnapura district,(2019). RNN Perera, Dr. Manjula PS Magamage, C Siriwardhana, Abstract is presented in the International Research Symposium on Pure and Applied Science 2019, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
- Assessing the substrate degradation specificity and life stage performances of Black Solider Fly Larvae (BSFL), (Hermetia illucens), in different bio-degradable waste substrates, (2019). Dumeshi Ellawidana ;RNN Perera ; Kasun Lakmini; Kasun Priyadarshana; Manjula PS Magamage, Abstract is presented in the International Research Symposium on Pure and Applied Science 2019, University of Kelaniya Sri Lanka.
- Review of Fall Army Worm (FAW) epidemic in Sri Lanka; Rathnapura District perspectives, (2019). RNN Perera, MPS Magamage, JBDAP Kumara, GAH Galahitigama, PK Dissanayake, WGC Wekumbura, Chandana Siriwardhana, PI Yapa,Short communication is accepted to be published in the International Journal of Entomology Research (IJER) ISSN: 2455-4758.
- L.C Hewage, M.L.R.U Hemachandra, R.N.N Perera, P.I Yapa, “Effect of Plant Extracts to control Mealy bugs in export foliage plants ( Chrysanthemum Spp.). National Symposium on Floriculture Research (NaSFLOR) (2012).
- “Booklet on Integrated Pest and Disease Management in Paddy” (2011); Department of plant Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural sciences, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka.
- G R S R Samaraweera, R N N Perera, “The impact of Motherhood on employment of women in reproductive age in Sri Lanka”. Annual Scientific Session-2009-Population Association of Sri Lanka (2009).
- R N N Perera, G D K Kumara, A S Balasooriya, “Major Contributory factors causing post harvest leaf senescence in Dracaena sanderiana “Gold”. Annual symposium, Faculty of agricultural Sciences (2007).
- Sustainable solution for waste management by growing Black Soldier Fly larvae on bio degradable waste (Newspaper article) on, Lankadeepa, 6/11/2019.
- Fall armyworm occurrence in Sri Lanka (Newspaper article) on, Lankadeepa, 3/7/2019. (http://www.lankadeepa.lk/features/මෙවර-මහ-කන්නයේත්-සේනා-හිස-ඔසවයිද/2-552962)